Invest in initiatives that control the availability of natural resources, such as through renewable resources, energy efficiency and upcycling. Developed innovative technologies to reduce our impact on the planet.
- We have recycled more than 57 million plastic bottles up to date.
- We recycle around 50 tons of other forms of plastic such as Polypropylene, LDPE and HDPE each month. These plastics are used in our brushware.
Innovative and cutting-edge technology
- We use PET plastic waste as our main raw material, eliminating the need for virgin PET materials in yarn production. Recycled polyester requires 60% less energy, reduces 82% GHG and 50% less water usage, and is of the same quality as virgin polyester.
- Making polyester yarn from flakes rather than chips avoids the energy-intensive process of de-polymerization and re-polymerization. This can result in significant energy savings.
- We use dope dyeing technology for higher quality dyed yarn, which reduces water consumption and waste water discharge.
- Our brush production site in Ingiriya, Sri Lanka, has a 200KW biomass power plant that uses timber offcuts to generate electricity and 800KWs of solar panels mounted on factory roofs.
- Solar panels at our Maugama and Horana facilities produced approximately 1,050KW of electricity, equivalent to 44% of their energy needs.
Waste water treatment
- The waste water generated from our PET bottle washing line is treated and reused by our wastewater treatment system.